Contract Intermediate EE position
Market Related salary
Closing date: 03 March 2020
About the Position
SARAO requires a detail-oriented Senior Security Administrator on a five (5) year contract to be responsible for network security, systems security, application security, access control security, troubleshooting security incidents and ensuring compliance as well as implementing security policies and procedures .
Minimum education required:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in information technology or computer science/systems.
- IT Security Certification
Minimum work experience required:
- 5 years in the field of Information Technology with network security and security implementation experience, some familiarity of cybersecurity frameworks and standards
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Assist team lead with the day-to-day running of security advisory, automated vulnerability scans, generate security reports and incident management.
- Monitor and report on the performance of network, systems and application security incidents to highlight areas of non-compliance.
- Administration of vulnerability scanning tools and internal security audits/penetration testing tools.
- Assist team lead with analysis of security scan reports, triage and recommend remediation of identified security issues.
- Administration of all hardware and software assets and their security profiles.
- Assist team lead with research, evaluation and positioning of latest security technologies.
- Perform risk assesments and security audits.
- Provide support & consultations with various organizational units on their security requirements.
- Security awareness, education & presentations to various teams within organizational teams
- Become a key role player in the implementation of cybersecurity strategy & governance.
- Integration of IT systems development and infrastructure deployments with security policies and information protection strategies.
- Contribute in developing, maintaining, and publishing organization information security guidelines.
- Assist team lead with Implementation of technical security tools and solutions.
- Assist with Security Process optimization.
Desirable additional education, work exp. & personal qualities:
- IT network qualification (CCNA/P with specialization in Security/CyberOps
- Familiar with Kali tools and/or any other commercial and/or open source security tools
- Knowledge of IAM controls, Identity Providers, SIEM, Platform security hardening & Network Access Control
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity controls (CIS Top 20), OWASP Top 10, NIST Cybersecurity Framework and/or ISO27001 will be advantageous
- Facilitation skills
- Self-driven and able to self-manage
- Ability to learn new technologies, solutions & keen interest in acquiring new skills
- Ability to constructively interact with various stakeholders including Management, other Employees/Teams, Service Providers and Vendors
- Presentation and communication skills
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies: Ability
- deploy, document and manage systems
- maintain computing and network infrastructure
- manage file servers and administer system security
- perform daily systems administration
- TCP, UDP, SNMP, SMTP, PGP, SFTP, SSH, IPSec, VPN, LDAP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, PKI and DNS.
- Understanding of DevOps practices
- Project delivery methodologies
- Understanding of the security on routers, switches and firewalls operations
- Operating systems such as Windows, macOS and Linux
- IAM controls, Identity Providers, SIEM, Platform security hardening & Network Access Control.
- LAN, WAN, VLANs, VM, IP Tables and End-Point security.
- DevOps practices
- Trouble shooting techniques and end-user support
About The Employer
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) spearheads South Africa’s activities in the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope, commonly known as the SKA, in engineering, science and construction. SARAO is a National Facility managed by the National Research Foundation and incorporates radio astronomy instruments and programmes such as the MeerKAT and KAT-7 telescopes in the Karoo, the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) in Gauteng, the African Very Long Baseline Interferometry (AVN) programme in nine African countries as well as the associated human capital development and commercialisation endeavours. As a business unit of the NRF, SARAO is committed to employment equity and redress Type of employment: Contract SARAO reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification