Call for Research Project Proposals for Postgraduate Research in 2020
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory invites supervisors to submit Project Proposals for Postgraduate Research for 2020, in one or more of the following areas:
Topics exploiting data projected to be available by 2020-21 from key existing radio astronomy instruments located in South Africa ( MeerKAT, HERA, C-BASS, early versions of HIRAX, and HartRAO facilities -including astrometry and geodesy applications). Amongst these, MeerKAT is the highest priority area.
- Radio astronomy antennas and receiver systems (including digitisation) associated with supported and hosted instruments.
- Real-time digital signal processing instrumentation for radio astronomy, specifically using FPGA and GPU platforms.
- Hardware and data analysis systems for detecting, monitoring and identifying Radio Frequency Interference (RFI), including the use of telescope data (e.g. using MeerKAT visibilities to locate RFI sources).
- Hardware, software and data analytic systems associated with the control and monitoring of radio telescopes.
- Instrumentation and data analysis systems to support geodesy undertaken by SARAO.
Apply online at https://skagrants.nrf.ac.za
Closing date for proposals: 23 September 2019
Contact Dr. Mthuthuzeli at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need more information.
Last Updated on December 2, 2019