Applications for Undergraduate and Honours Block Grants Programme
South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is pleased to announce provisional awards for 2020 in the following categories:
Undergraduate/Honours Block Grant Programme
Successful universities will be sent letters of award by e-mail. Please note that this is a provisional list of awards and that successful candidates will still need to meet the SARAO requirements prior to release of funds.
|Prof. Sarah Blyth||University of Cape Town|
|Prof. Kavilan Moodley||University of KwaZulu-Natal|
|Dr. Ed Elson||University of the Western Cape|
|Prof. Tinus Stander||University of Pretoria|
SARAO will consider applications from university departments that propose to support undergraduate and/or honours students studying any of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering.
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Mechatronic Engineering.
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics / Applied Mathematics and Physics.
- Bachelor of Science in Physics and Electronics.
- Bachelor of Science in Astronomy / Astrophysics and Physics.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, with co-major in Mathematics / Applied Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Science – Honours – Physics and Electronics / Astrophysics / Astronomy / Computer Science.
- Bachelor of Science – Honours – NASSP (National Astrophysics and Space Programme).
A SARAO Undergraduate and Honours Block Grant includes funds for undergraduate/honours scholarships, as well as student academic support and development.
Application forms are available at https://skagrants.nrf.ac.za
Closing date for applications: 08 August 2019