- Download 0
- File Size 0.00 KB
- File Count 2
- Create Date April 23, 2021
- Last Updated April 23, 2021
Request for Expressions of Interest for The Development Of SARAO Staff Housing in Carnarvon, Northern Cape
RFI Number: NRF/SARAO/EOI/SCSA/001/2020-21
Date of Issue: 16 August 2020
Closing date: 30 September 2020
Closing time: 11:00 AM
SARAO along with the Square Kilometre Array Organization (SKAO) has identified a need to develop housing for SARAO employees based in Carnarvon. The employees in Carnarvon are responsible for managing the operations of the telescope, including:
- Operations staff responsible for the day-to-day operation of the array to control and monitor antenna/station and correlator performance, technicians, digital hardware technicians, and software support persons on duty at all times.
- Engineers and technicians to provide support to antenna, fibre optic, cryogenic, digital, RF, LO, and IF systems, computing hardware, and to support routine audio and video capabilities.
- Site security, building and grounds support, vehicle maintenance, health and safety staff.
- Site management and administrative staff.
The housing needs remains fairly substantial for on-site staff and cannot be met by the limited housing pool in Carnarvon, where SARAO already provides transport to site. For employees resident in other surrounding towns, the daily commute to Carnarvon is particularly onerous. The employees would therefore be willing to rent or purchase these homes should they be available. This need provides a commercial opportunity to a Developer to spearhead the development with the assistance of SARAO and the Kareeberg municipality. Developers wishing to participate in this opportunity are required to submit a proposal that shall include;
- Development Proposal
- Site Development Plan
- Architectural Concept
- Tenanting Plan
- Proposed Housing Typologies
- Approach to the Rehabilitation and Preservation of the Natural Environment
- Green Infrastructure & Building Proposal
- Estimated Development Time Frames
- Experience & Capabilities
- Access to Funding